The HTML Writers Guild
Project Gutenberg Volunteers.
This project will only work if we have plenty of volunteers. We need help in the following categories!
- Administrators: We need people who will check documents in and out, and make sure that this all runs smoothly.
- Markers: We need markers to add the tags to documents.
- Checkers: We need checkers to help assure quality. This is a vitally important role, equal in importance to marking up the documents in the first place! One of the givens of QA is that nobody is as effective at checking his or her own work as another person can be - so we all need a little help from our colleagues. I would encourage all our Markers to volunteer to be Checkers, too.
- DTD Experts: We need to make sure the "Gutbook" DTD is a practical and living DTD. We also need to develop special DTD's for special documents.
- Style sheet experts: We need people to develop, maintain, and improve standardized style sheets for the project.
- Web maintenance: We need people to help maintain the Project Gutenberg web pages.
- Mirror storage: We anticipate that once marked up, documents will become popular for download. We are looking for mirror sites that will act as repositories for our documents.
If you feel you can help in any of these areas please let us know! E-mail email@example.com. Be sure to put "Project Gutenberg" in the subject line.
This page is maintained by
Last updated on 06 January
© 2000 by the HTML Writers Guild, Inc.